Five Reasons to Consider a Full-Mouth Rehabilitation
At My Dentist in Plano, Dr. Darren K. Dickson helps his patients repair their smiles and replace missing teeth. Our Plano, TX dental team uses restorative dentistry procedures, including bridges, dental crowns, dentures, and All-on-4® implants. During a full-mouth reconstruction, Dr. Dickson helps patients improve how their smiles both look and function. During a consultation, he performs a dental exam that will closely examine your teeth and gums to make professional recommendations on the best treatment options for your full-mouth rehabilitation treatment plan.
What is full-mouth dental rehabilitation?
Full-mouth rehabilitation improves your oral health while it creates functional and strong teeth in Plano, TX. At My Dentist in Plano, Dr. Dickson uses a combination of both restorative and cosmetic dentistry procedures during a full-mouth rehabilitation treatment plan. During your first visit, we will discuss your concerns about your smile to make the best treatment suggestions for your smile goals.
Reasons to consider a full-mouth rehabilitation
Dr. Dickson makes it possible to replace missing teeth with a full-mouth rehab plan. Some reasons for a full-mouth rehab in Plano, TX include:
- Fixes teeth alignment
- Improves oral health
- Replaces missing teeth
- Treats gum disease
- Improves TMD symptoms
These are just some of the benefits of getting a full-mouth rehabilitation with Dr. Dickson.
What treatments are used during full-mouth rehabilitation?
Every full-mouth rehabilitation at My Dentist in Plano will vary depending on the patient’s goals, current oral health, and teeth alignment. Some common treatments that Dr. Dickson and our professional dental team use during a full mouth rehabilitation in Plano, TX include:
- Dental crowns
- Dental implants
- Invisalign® clear aligners
Ultimately, Dr. Dickson uses a combination of restorative and cosmetic dentistry procedures to help patients achieve strong and healthy teeth and gums in Plano, TX.
What happens during the full-mouth rehabilitation process?
When you begin your full mouth rehabilitation treatment plan in Plano, TX, it includes these steps:
- Exam and diagnosis: Dr. Dickson uses dental x-rays with the advanced Cone Beam 3-D Imaging system at My Dentist in Plano to look closely at your teeth and gums. This allows him to diagnose dental concerns that can be addressed during this treatment plan.
- Treatment planning: After evaluating your concerns with your smile, he can make professional recommendations for the best procedures for your oral health and your smile goals. Some full-mouth rehabilitation treatments can be done the same day, while others may require multiple visits to our Plano, TX dental office.
- Preparation: Some treatments require a treatment that prepares you for another procedure, including bone grafting, which is used for those who don’t have enough existing jawbone for dental implants.
- Procedure: The final step in your full-mouth rehab plan is the procedure or procedures chosen for your treatment plan.
Improve your smile and oral health with a full-mouth rejuvenation
It’s important to understand that you never have to live with a smile you don’t love. At My Dentist in Plano, Dr. Darren K. Dickson offers full-mouth rehabilitation treatment to patients looking to improve the function and appearance of their teeth and gums. To schedule a consultation to learn more about full-mouth rehabilitation procedures in Plano, TX, call our dental office today.