How Long Will A Full Mouth Rehabilitation Procedure Take?
At My Dentist in Plano, we help patients fix their smiles. We use restorative dentistry procedures, such as bridges, dental crowns, dentures, and All-on-4® dental implants to rebuild your smile with strong teeth. During a full mouth reconstruction in Plano, TX, Dr. Darren K. Dickson improves how your smile both looks and functions at the same time. During your consultation, we examine your teeth and gums to make a professional recommendation on the best treatment for your full mouth rehabilitation plan.
What is a full mouth rehabilitation?
A full mouth rehabilitation can improve your oral health and the appearance and function of your teeth and gums. Dr. Dickson uses restorative and cosmetic dentistry procedures during your customized plan. At My Dentist in Plano, we offer a consultation where we discuss your smile concerns. Our team can offer treatment recommendations that fix your smile.
What a full mouth rehabilitation does for a smile
Some benefits of repairing your smile in Plano, TX include:
- Replacing missing teeth
- Fixing teeth alignment
- Treating gum disease
- Almost instantly improving oral health
- Resolving TMD symptoms
- Boosting your self-confidence
What treatments may be included in a full mouth rehabilitation?
Every full mouth rehabilitation at My Dentist in Plano is different and is created to suit the needs of each patient. The treatments we choose depend on each patient’s oral health needs and their goals for their smile. Some procedure we perform during a full mouth rehabilitation in Plano, TX include:
- Dental implants
- Invisalign® clear aligners
Steps of a full mouth rehabilitation
When you choose to begin your full mouth rehabilitation in Plano, TX, the process will include these steps:
- Exam and diagnosis: The first step is an evaluation by Dr. Dickson at My Dentist in Plano that includes dental X-rays. We use the advanced Cone Beam 3-D Imaging System, which allows him to look closely at your teeth and gums.
- Treatment planning: After we evaluate your concerns, we can make recommendations for the best procedures for your specific oral health.
- Preparation: Some treatments require preparation for another procedure, such as bone grafting for those who don’t have enough existing jawbone to get dental implants.
- Procedure: The final step in the rehab process is the procedure or procedures chosen. Many can be performed using local anesthesia, which allows us to perform multiple procedures at a time.
During your consultation, Dr. Dickson can inform you what results you can expect from your full mouth rehabilitation.
How long does a full mouth rehabilitation take?
Ultimately, the time it takes to complete your full mouth rehabilitation will depend on the procedures you choose. It can take anywhere from a few visits to a few months, or up to a year to complete the reconstruction process.
Improve your smile with a full mouth rehabilitation
You don’t have to live with a smile you don’t love! At My Dentist in Plano, Dr. Darren K. Dickson offers a full mouth rehabilitation to patients wanting to improve how their teeth and gums function. Our dental team in Plano, TX uses different restorations to replace missing teeth or gaps in your smile. To schedule a consultation to learn more about a full mouth rehabilitation, call our dental office today.