The Advantages of Full Mouth Rehabilitation
At My Dentist in Plano, we help patients make their teeth functional again. We use a variety of restorative procedures, including dental crowns and dental implants in Plano, TX. During a full mouth reconstruction, Dr. Darren K. Dickson can help rebuild your smile and improve your oral health. Our dentist will examine your teeth and gums to make professional recommendations on the best treatment options for your full mouth rehabilitation at a consultation.
What is a full mouth rehabilitation?
A full mouth rehabilitation renews the health, appearance, and function of your teeth and gums. Dr. Dickson uses a combination of restorative and cosmetic dentistry procedures to offer a customized smile makeover. At My Dentist in Plano, we offer consultations where we can discuss your smile concerns and offer professional recommendations for procedures that can help repair your smile.
What a full mouth rehabilitation can do for your smile
Dr. Dickson makes it possible for patients in Plano, TX to experience full mouth rejuvenation. Some benefits of rebuilding your smile include:
- Replacing missing teeth
- Repairing teeth alignment
- Filling in gaps
- Treating periodontal disease
- Improving TMD symptoms
- Enjoying a beautiful smile
- Feeling comfortable smiling
- Choosing what dental restorations you want
- Boosting self-confidence
- Improving oral health
What treatments are included in full mouth rehabilitation?
Ultimately, every full mouth rehabilitation at My Dentist in Plano is unique for each patient. The treatments selected depend on your needs and your goals for your smile. Some of the most common treatments used during a full mouth rehabilitation include:
Patients can undergo a combination of these restorative and cosmetic dentistry procedures to repair their smiles.
Steps in a full mouth rehabilitation
When you begin a full mouth rehabilitation in Plano, TX, it will include the following steps:
- Exam/Diagnosis: The first step is an evaluation by Dr. Dickson at My Dentist in Plano. Dental X-rays using the advanced Cone Beam 3-D Imaging system allow him to look closely at your teeth and gums.
- Treatment planning: After we evaluate your concerns, we can talk to you about your goals and recommend the best treatments for your oral health. This allows our dentist to create a custom treatment plan for you. For some patients, full mouth rehabilitation can be achieved in just one appointment, while others may require multiple visits.
- Preparation: Some procedures may require more than one treatment, such as bone grafting for patients who don’t have enough existing jawbone to maintain a dental implant.
- Procedure: The final step in the process is the actual procedure or procedures. Many of the treatments we perform take place while the patient is under local anesthesia, which allows us to perform more than one procedure at a time, based on the patient’s comfort level.
Ultimately, a full mouth rehabilitation can improve both the function and appearance of your teeth. During a consultation, Dr. Dickson will explain all procedures and help patients set realistic expectations.
Repair your smile with full mouth reconstruction
You don’t have to live with a smile you don’t love. At My Dentist in Plano, Dr. Darren K. Dickson offers full mouth rehabilitation that aims to improve the function of the teeth and gums. He can use different restorations, including crowns, dental implants, or bridges, to replace missing teeth. To schedule a consultation to discuss a full mouth rehabilitation in Plano, TX, call our dental office today.