Will My Bite Be Improved With Full-Mouth Rehabilitation?
At My Dentist in Plano, Dr. Darren K. Dickson helps patients make their smiles functional again. We use different restorative dentistry procedures, including dental crowns and dental implants in Plano, TX to fix bite alignment. During a full mouth dental rehabilitation, we can help rebuild your smile and improve your oral health. At a consultation, we will examine your teeth and gums to make professional treatment recommendations for your full mouth rehabilitation.
What is full mouth rehabilitation?
A full mouth rehabilitation helps to fix the health, appearance, and function of the teeth and gums in Plano, TX. Dr. Dickson uses a combination of restorative and cosmetic dentistry procedures for a custom smile makeover. At My Dentist in Plano, we will discuss your smile concerns with you during a consultation. Next, Dr. Dickson will offer professional recommendations for procedures to fix bite alignment.
What a full mouth rehabilitation does for a smile
Dr. Dickson makes it possible for those wanting to fix their smile in Plano, TX to get a better-looking smile. Some benefits of fixing your smile include:
- Improves the bite by fixing teeth alignment (this improves TMJ dysfunction symptoms)
- Replaces missing teeth
- Fills in gaps
- Treats periodontal disease
- Allows you to choose what dental restorations you want
- Boosts your self-confidence
- Improves your oral health, which reduces the risk of developing tooth decay or periodontal disease
What treatments are included in a full mouth rehabilitation?
Ultimately, every full mouth rehabilitation at My Dentist in Plano is different for every patient. The treatments we perform depends on your needs and goals for your smile. Some treatments we use during a full mouth rehabilitation include:
- Dental crowns: These can restore broken, chipped, or cracked teeth.
- Dental implants: These help replace missing teeth.
- Dental veneers: Veneers almost instantly change the shape, size, length, and color of teeth.
- Invisalign® treatment: With the help of clear teeth aligners, teeth are gradually moved to their desired positions.
- Teeth whitening: This brightens the color of the teeth quickly.
Our patients undergo a combination of restorative and cosmetic dentistry procedures to repair their smiles.
The full mouth rehabilitation process
When you start your full mouth rehabilitation in Plano, TX, it can include these steps:
- Exam: The first step is an evaluation with Dr. Dickson at My Dentist in Plano. We take dental X-rays with the Cone Beam 3-D Imaging system to look closely at your teeth and gums.
- Treatment planning: After we evaluate your concerns with your smile, we will recommend the best treatments for your oral health. This allows our dentist to create a custom treatment plan for our patients. Some full mouth rehabilitation can be achieved in just one appointment, while others may need multiple visits.
- Preparation: For some treatments, you may need to pair them with another procedure, such as bone grafting for those who don’t have enough existing jawbone to maintain a dental implant.
- Procedure: The final step in the full-mouth rehab process is the procedure or procedures you’re having done.
Ultimately, a full mouth rehabilitation improves the function of your teeth while also improving how your smile looks.
Fix your bite alignment with a full mouth reconstruction
You never have to live with a smile you don’t love. At My Dentist in Plano, Dr. Darren K. Dickson offers a full mouth rehabilitation that helps to improve the function of your teeth and gums. He uses different restorations, including crowns or dental implants, to replace missing teeth. To schedule a consultation to discuss a full mouth rehabilitation, call our dental office in Plano, TX, today.