Maintain a Vibrant Smile By Visiting Our Plano Dentist
To keep your smile attractive and healthy, you should visit My Dentist in Plano every six months for a dental cleaning and exam. But there’s much more to general dentistry than just regular checkups. Dr. Darren Dickson and our Plano dental team offer care and treatments that will:
- Shield your teeth from cavity-causing bacteria. Protect your teeth against injury.
- Stop gum disease and get your mouth healthy again.
- Screen you for oral cancer and sleep apnea. Help you make better nutrition choices.
- Provide relief from chronic dry mouth and bad breath.
Make your appointment today for general dentistry care. Call us today to speak with a friendly team member. Our Preston Road location is convenient for residents in and around the 75024 Plano ZIP code.
Visit a Patient-Centered Dentist
When you turn to Dr. Dickson for your dental needs, you’re enlisting the aid of an expert dentist. He was selected as one of “America’s Top Dentists” by the Consumers’ Research Council of America, has been voted “Texas Super Dentist” by Texas Monthly magazine, and was voted Plano’s “Best Aesthetic Dentist” by Star Local Media Readers’ Choice awards. He also is a faculty member at the CARD Institute (the Center for Aesthetic Restorative Dentistry) and involved in many other professional dental organizations.
One reason our patients love his care is that he provides personalized treatment to help them enjoy lifelong smiles. Here are a few of our general dentistry treatments that can help you smile confidently, too:
- Dental Cleanings and Exams – Your comprehensive checkup will include a complete dental exam, screening for oral cancer and sleep apnea, a thorough teeth cleaning, and an inspection for cavities using laser cavity detection.
- Tooth Sealants – Sealants are like raincoats for your teeth, forming a barrier between your tooth enamel and harmful bacteria. Fluoride Treatments and Varnishes – Fluoride helps prevent cavities and can even reverse tooth decay in the early stages.
- Gum Disease Treatment – Depending on the condition of your gums, we offer a trio of treatments to remove bacteria below the gumline – an antibiotic rinse, deep cleaning treatment, and laser treatment.
- Nutritional Counseling – We’ll help you understand how your food choices affect your oral health and total body health.
- Athletic Mouthguards – Wear a custom mouthguard to help prevent dental damage during sports. You can even get special colors and prints on your mouthguard.
- Bruxism Mouthguards – Prevent damage to your tooth enamel caused by bruxism (teeth grinding).
- Treatment For Dry Mouth and Halitosis (Bad Breath) – We can help you manage these conditions through education and recommendations for specialty products.
"Dr.Dickson is a fantastic dentist. I had internal bleaching done on my left front tooth. This tooth has caused me so much worry but Dr.Dickson provided me with all of the information and made the experience stress free. I am so happy to have found such a great dentist!"- H.R. / Google / Jan 21, 2023
"Great place. Love how friendly and personable they are and they really take their time explaining things. Dr. Dickson is great!"- K.H. / Google / Jan 21, 2023
"Dr. Dickson and his staff provide excellent service and care to patients. My experience with the Invisalign process was wonderful. My husband and I have been patients with this office a long time, and I highly recommend the services offered here."- J.K. / Google / Dec 15, 2022
"There are hardly words to express the admiration for the talents of Dr. Darrin Dickson and his staff. For me, they have become family and have treated several members of my family and myself with patience, true ability, and humor thrown in. If you are looking for a dentist, look no further."- L.R. / Google / Nov 02, 2022
"Well, normally good experience and dentist doesn’t go together..Dr. D and the whole staff makes the experience enjoyable, yes i know hard to believe. I had extensive work done and the results speak for itself! Thanks guys for my new smile"- T.F. / Google / Oct 25, 2022
Long-Term Goals of Our Preventive Dentistry
Dr. Dickson’s goal is to provide excellent preventive general dentistry care for all of his patients. He gives everyone the opportunity to choose ideal oral health, allowing them to create a plan that makes their teeth look amazing, feel great, and last for decades. Getting regular preventive dentistry will allow you to keep all your natural teeth healthy for a lifetime, prevent unwanted emergencies from toothaches and broken teeth, and even save money down the road by preventing more costly root canals and dental implants.
Keep a happy, healthy smile for life with general dentistry. Call us today to schedule your appointment, or contact us online.
Can Twisted Teeth be Straightened With Invisalign® Aligners?
Twisted teeth can make you feel self-conscious and impact your oral health. Learn about Invisalign treatment and how our clear aligners could help.Read
Can Dental Implants be Done in One Day?
Missing teeth can make you feel self-conscious about your smile. Now, same-day dental implants can improve your teeth without multiple office visits.Read
Boost Your Self-Confidence in Your Smile With Dental Implants
Do you have missing teeth? Temporary restorations may not improve the function or appearance of your smile. Learn about dental implants in Plano here.Read
How Can Veneers be Customized to Look Natural?
Dental veneers can provide a seamless smile when applied by the right professional. Learn about porcelain veneers as part of your smile makeover.Read