Jaw Pain Relief
Delivering effective treatment to alleviate TMJ disorder
What is TMJ Disorder?
TMJ stands for temporomandibular joint, more commonly known as the jaw joint. When the joint is placed under excessive stress, usually from clenching or grinding your teeth, it can damage the jaw.
Effects of TMJ Disorder:
- Moderate to severe pain in the jaw, neck, and ears
- Migraines and headaches
- Popping or clicking sounds in your jaw joint
- Worn down teeth
- Rounded face
Options for relief:
- Hot/cold compresses
- Jaw massage
- Overthe-counter painkillers
- Altered chewing technique
- Chewing on different sides of the mouth
- Avoiding certain foods that trigger pain
- Behavioral and cognitive changes to manage stress
- Bite appliances
- Adjusting teeth height to “balance” your bite
Scheduling your jaw joint evaluation:
- Call our office at (972) 7377039
- Requesting an appointment online
Jaw joint disorders are fairly common, so we will evaluate you for the condition during routine dental exams. However, if you’ve been experiencing jaw pain, please contact our office today to determine what is causing your symptoms. Together, we can provide jaw pain relief that will change your life.